Ready, Set, Tri

Saturday, June 25th I will be competing in my second Triathlon, the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon! I have never done this race before but it is a sprint distance course, .5 mile swim / 15.7 mile bike / 3.1 mile run, which is the same distance of the SheRox Tri that I completed in August 2010. Now it is time for me to focus on the training to be prepared to give it my all on race day.
After I signed up for Philadelphia Insurance Sprint Tri I got a slight runner’s high just knowing that I will be a part of this monumental athletic event in the city. Even though I was planning on participating in this race for months, I’m officially one step closer to the finish line (or start line).
Triathlon used to be a scary and intimidating word for me. I thought that only powerful athletes who followed insane workout schedules could take part in the event that includes all three sports; swimming, biking and running. Now, I get excited when talking about Triathlons. I have my first one under my belt and I’m not a crazy athlete at all. I’m just a regular woman that likes to take challenges, even if that challenge includes a swim in the Schuylkill River!
My mind changed recently when I got into bike riding long distances on my road bike. Something just clicked one day and I though ‘Why Not?’ What was it that was holding me back from doing something that always seemed to fascinate me? I figured it couldn’t be that impossible if so many people do it, so I bought some tri gear and signed up for SheRox Philly. If you are a female that is new to the sport I recommend signing up for that race. It was well organized and a lot of fun. Even swimming in the Schuylkill River was not as bad as I imaged. This year the SheRox Philly will be Sunday August 7th.  I am not sure yet if I will be doing that one again but I’ll keep you posted.
So mark your calendars to either meet me at the finish line or sign up and meet me at the start line and complete in Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon with me! 

Comments

Top Posts