Halloween Spiced Pumpkin Seed Recipe

My award winning pumpkin! - Best Pumpkin in the office
Happy Halloween!

  
I carved the pumpkin above to be a Jack-O-Lantern on Vacation! It is a tropical inspired pumpkin   to impress the judges in my office for a pumpkin decorating contest.   I hope you all enjoy a safe and happy Halloween.
Inside that coconut cup that is sat next to the pumpkin are toasted pumpkin seeds! Those seeds were my favorite part of carving my masterpiece.  Try my spiced toasted pumpkin seed recipe at home!

Ingredients:
  • A cup of raw pumpkin seeds (amount of seeds depends on size of pumpkin)
  • Olive Oil
  • 1 tbs. Salt
  • Pinch of Nutmeg
  • 1 tbs. Cinnamon
  • 1 tbs. Brown Sugar
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a cookie sheet with olive oil and place the pumpkin seeds on them in one layer.  Sprinkle the seeds with salt first and then follow with the nutmeg and cinnamon spices and end with the sprinkle of brown sugar.  If you prefer them to be sweeter than leave out the salt and add more sugar. Let them bake for 10 minutes then stir them up and put them back in for another 10 minutes.  Allow seeds to cool before digging in. Enjoy!

Comments

Top Posts