Scenes from the 18th Annual Taste & Tour of the Countryside

This past Tuesday I attended the 18th Annual Taste & Tour of the Countryside at Drexelbrook.  It was a night of firsts for me; first time at Drexelbrook and first experience of the Taste & Tour event.  I was very impressed by both the venue and the spectacular event.  It was an extravaganza featuring fabulous food and drinks from many local caterers, restaurants and hotels.  The event’s theme was the holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day and even the Fourth of July!
Each exhibitor’s display corresponded with one of the featured holidays. I enjoyed touring around and tasting many bite sized treats. In fact there were so many samples to try it ended up being my dinner for the night! It was a very crowded event and I heard that over 2,000 people attended Tuesday’s event! This was more than just a caterer industry event; this was a full blown PARTY!
I navigated my way through each room so that I could see the types of decorations that corresponded with each holiday. There were so many samples of savory and sweet dishes that I didn’t get a chance to try everything but check out a few of my favorites in the photos below.

Desserts were served in the Valentine’s Day themed room.  I was thrilled to meet Dana from Desserts by Dana. It was so fascinating to see him creating a sugar masterpiece in person because I used to watch him on the Food Network.  He was offering guests samples of mini red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing topped with crispy bacon.  They were so tasty, a perfect balance of salty and sweet. 

Red Velvet Cup Cake with Cream Cheese Icing Toped with Bacon

Dana from Desserts by Dana

Dana Creating a Sugar Sculpture
The Radnor Hotel's restuarnt Glenmorgan Bar & Grill was celebrating the 4th of July already on Tuesday night. They featured beef sliders that were so good! They were made right on –site on a griddle.  Although they were in the 4th of July themed room the drink that they were handing out was very fitting for autumn, apple and cinnamon infused vodka! It was naturally infused and then mixed with a natural apple cider.  Go try these treats for yourself at the mainline hotel's bar.
Beef Sliders & Apple & Cinommon Infused Vodka by Glenmorgan Bar & Grill

Drexelbrook was showcasing creative ways to ring in 2012 including a massive ice luge serving chocolate cherry martinis.  I didn’t taste this cocktail because they were such a craze that the line of people strengthen the entire length of the main room.
Martini Ice Luge


 Crowne Plaza Philadelphia Downtown’s Executive Chef John Bauer displayed samples of duck salad in a winter wonderland. He showcased an ice sculpture that he created! For years Chef Bauer has been talented in the kitchen and just recently he has become an expert ice sculpture.    
Duck Salad Made By Chef John Bauer

Comments

  1. I'm bummed I'm just now hearing about this! I help plan lots of events at work and this would have been a great research event.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Top Posts