Tequilas: My new Favorite Mexican Restaurant in Philly

This review is long overdue but my dining experience at Tequilas Restaurant in Philadelphia was just so fabulous that I just have to share with you! Tequilas serves up authentic Mexican dishes and innovative cocktails in a cozy dining room setting in the heart of the city located at 1602 Locust Street. For Center City Restaurant Week in September I went to dinner for a girl’s night out. It was such an enjoyable time that we decided we have to go back!  

Vibrant bar crowd
 

Our dinner started off with chips and salsa and we ordered a variety of margaritas.  There were so many choices of margaritas and cocktails that we had a hard time deciding. The drinks came to our table on our servers head! He was so friendly and very talented.




We lucked out with the Restaurant Week menu because they featured many of their most popular dishes.  For only $35 we enjoyed a three course meal.  We started with appetizers then moved onto a main dish and finished off with a sweet dessert. 
 I ordered the Sopes del Rancho and my other friends had the ceviche.  The sopes appetizer was so delicious. It was an assortment of three different types of sopes; groud beef, chicken and chorizo (Mexican sausage).    They are handmade corn masa rounded into flat shallow cups then topped with refried beans, then layered with either chorizo, ground beef or chicken then sprinkled with tomato, lettuce and grated cheese. You need to try this they are amazing! The sopes were by far my favorite thing that I had to eat that night. 


Moving on to the second course I ordered the Pescado al Mango, fresh fish of the day, lightly breaded, grilled, stuffed with guacamole, seductively paired with a mango and ginger sauce. I forget the name of the fish but it was very good, it was a white flaky fish that melted in my mouth. The homemade guacamole that was stuffed inside really made the dish.


I tasted some of my friends’ dishes and the Langostinos (Surf & Turf) was a big hit. It was
grilled and butterflied 1/4 pound jumbo shrimp smothered in garlic, tequila and lime served with a 6 oz. tender steak.
We finished off the meal with two different dessert selections, a chocolate moose cake and carmel "tacos" with ice cream. Both were rich with flavor and a perfect way to end the dinner.


Check out these photos and make a reservation to experience it on your own.  As I said in the headline this is definably my new favorite Mexican spot in Center City.   I really loved the Mexican artwork on the walls throughout the restaurant.  Check out some photos of them below.



Comments

Top Posts