Thursday, February 23, 2012

Aruba's Passions on the Beach

When I was vacationing in Aruba last month I enjoyed a romantic dinner at Passions on the Beach. The food was delicious, service exceptional and with my toes in the sand, the setting was perfect! Hands down Passions on the Beach was the best meal I had while on the island. You need to give this place a try if you have a trip to Aruba coming up.



Dining under the stars with soft sand at our feet made the experience so special. My boyfriend and I were having a nice time before the menu even came, just stargazing and just enjoyed each other’s company. Many people suggested that we try the restaurant during sunset but since we could see the sunset from the balcony of our room nearby at La Cabana we decided to have a later dinner. We are so glad that we did because the ambiance was even more romantic when it was dark out. The lighting was dim with just the glow of tiki torches around us and a candle on the table.
The menu itself was very unique. It lite up when we opened it! The menu selection was varied with seafood, steak, pastas and all infused with flavors from around the world.  

To start the special meal we both ordered an appetizer. I had the mouthwatering savory sweet Watermelon Feta Salad and Rob had the Seafood Ceviche dish. Both were very delicious starters.
Watermellon Feta Salad

Seafood Ceviche

For the main dish we both ordered seafood dishes. I had the Mahi Mahi with sea scallops and he enjoyed a Grouper special. Of course we tasted from each other’s dishes and really enjoyed the rich flavors of both.  The fish was prepared perfectly and adorn with just the right amount of sauce.
Grouper in a Red Pepper Sauce

Mahi Mahi with Scallops
Our week in Aruba was to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday so on my way to the ladies room I stopped by the hostess stand and asked if they could surprise us with a dessert. To my surprise the dessert came to our with a large sparker adding to the excitement.  We loved tasting three different desserts- apple pie, key lime pie and cheesecake. The only thing I regret is that we went on our last night of vacation and would have liked to have tried it again but this gives us a reason to come back!
Dessert

1 comment: