Aloha, 2012 Philadelphia Flower Show

Philly says Aloha (good bye) to the 2012's week long Philadelphia International Flower Show: Hawaii: Islands of Aloha. Today was the final day of the exciting annual event. This year's theme was Hawaii and now I am craving a vacation to the islands! 

No plane tickets were needed today but I felt like I was in a far away land. I won tickets to the Flower Show from CityPaper because my haiku was selected as the winning poem for a the Flower Power contest.  Today I went to the Flower Show at the Convention Center with the tickets I won and took photos of many tropical flowers. 

Many of the arrangements had a Hawaii theme to it. One of my favorite things was the blue wave that you walk under as you enter the show. It was very  place crowded so getting the perfect photos where challenging. It was great to see how the scenes at the Flower Show transform the Convention Center into Hawaii! 

Take a tour of some of the special exhibits and my favorite flowers in the show from the photos below. Aloha! 

Hawaii inspired landscaping

First prize for floral headpiece category.  
First prize for table arrangements. This one had a story about a volcano erupting in Hawaii .
Dinner on the beach set up for table arrangement category.  
Art Shop window display 
Window Display for a surf shop. The Bikini top is made of flowers.  
Peaceful beach sense with tropical setting. 
Pink and yellow roses in a tropical display 
Tropical spray on the top of an arch hanging above my head
Colorful wedding table setup display
Birds made of ivy on the beach
Orchids 
Rock garden display
The welcoming entrance of the wave takes people to the Pacific. 
Tropical Garden display with a waterfall

Comments

Top Posts