National Chip & Dip Day: Greek Cucumber Dip Recipe

Did you even know there was a National Chip & Dip Day? Well, go grab your favorite chips and dip and start celebrating! This is a annual holiday on March 23rd so mark your calendar for next year!

I want to share one of my favorite dip recipes with you- Greek Cucumber Dip! It is inspired by the Greek sauce, Tzatziki.  The fresh flavors took me back to my summer in college studying abroad in Greece where the Tzatziki was served at just about every meal!
Below is a recipe that I came up with on my own by blending a Weight Watcher’s recipe and a recipe from Chaboni yogurt. I waited the dip to have the perfect zest and creaminess! The flavors of this dip go great with a baked pita chip.
  • 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt (I prefer Chaboni or Fage)
  • 8oz non-fat cream cheese
  • 2 cucumbers- peeled, seeded and chopped up small
  • ½ onion – chopped up finely
  • 2 cloves of garlic freshly minced
  • 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
After cutting up cucumbers, squeeze dry in a paper towel to get the moisture out. Then mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Blend until the cream cheese is smooth.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and taste until smiling. J (That's what my grandpa always wrote in his recipes!)


Chill for at least one hour and serve with pita chips! Note:  This is a non-fat version but you can use regular plain Greek yogurt and regular cream cheese if you prefer. Enjoy!


Comments

Post a Comment

Top Posts