Triathlon Training in Mexico

Countdown to the SheRox Philadelphia Sprint Triathlon: 5 Days! Last weekend I did some last minute training in Mexico. I was in the Cancun region of Mexico for a quick three-night trip but I didn’t let that get in the way of my goal of doing my best in the tri on Sunday, August 5. 

It wasn’t too hard to fit in last minute training because the resort that I stayed at, Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun has a gym complete with state-of-the-art equipment. Plus, a full roster of activities led by an energetic Entertainment Team. My friend and I started the day with a work out in the gym. On the way there we ran into the London 2012 Olympic mascot and snapped a photo with him. I always get inspired by the Olympics so that was a great surprise on the way to the gym. Then it was straight to the treadmills that overlook the lush green mangroves that surround the property. 









Next on my agenda was a bike tour into the nearby town of Puerto Morelos. The bike ride was about 4 miles each way. The bikes that the resort had to offer were not the sleek light road bikes that I’m used to but it worked well and I felt safe on it.


When we got into town we got to be the tourist that we are and walked around the fishing marina and did some souvenir shopping. I loved exploring the small town of Puerto Morelos! In fact, it was one of my favorite things that I did on the long weekend. Check out some photos I took when walking around the marina town. 










Comments

Top Posts