R2L Restaurant: Fine Dining with View of Philly

Upstairs lobby of R2L

Chef Daniel Stern’s R2L Restaurant at Two Liberty Place in Center City was added to my list of favorite restaurants in the Philadelphia after just one meal! From the chic yet welcoming ambiance to the friendly service and exquisite menu selections- what’s not to love? Oh and did I mention that it’s located on the 37th floor with a panoramic view of the city? I highly recommend R2L for any occasion, romantic dinner, happy hour or a big group outing.

View looking west from our window seat
The sun was still out when my boyfriend and I arrived for a 7 p.m. reservation so we could admire a clear view of the city. We were seated at a window seat facing west, looking directly at 30th Street Station. Shortly after, the sunset and the cityscape twinkled with lights. This is such a unique setting in the city -don’t forget your camera when you dine here!

Looking out the window at dusk
All of the dishes we tried were bursting with flavor! We started our meal off with an appetizer to share, the Grilled Truffle Flatbread. The crisp flatbread was coated with Parmesan cheese and topped with a generous portion or arugula.  This dish is perfect for sharing and was one of my favorite things that I enjoyed for the night.

Grilled Truffle Flatbread with Arugala and parmesan 
Next, we went on to the main course. The menu has a lot of options with seafood, fish, vegetarian dish and meat.  I ordered the Red-Wine Braised Short Ribs, one of the chef’s signature dishes. They were served on top of a bed of silky mashed potatoes that melted in my mouth.  My date had the Braised Halibut dish and of course I tasted it and really enjoyed it. Both were delicious and full of flavor.

Braised Red-Wine Short Ribs 

Braised Halibut 
We ordered two sides to go along with our meals, Lobster Mac + Cheese and Roasted Asparagus with Wild Mushrooms. You have to try the Lobster Mac + Cheese! I read some online reviews raving about this side dish so I just had to try it and I’m glad we did. Small round noodles are filled with pieces of fresh lobster and then coated with a cheese fondue. There is rich lobster in every bite.

Side dishes: Grilled Asparagus and Lobster Mac + Cheese
After all of the delicious food I just mentioned we didn’t really need anything else to eat but the dessert menu is way too hard to resist because everything is made in-house. We finished our lovely meal on a sweet note with the Berries and Cream for dessert. The Berries and Cream was served with mascarpone ice cream, also made in-house.

Berries and Cream served with mascarpone ice cream  
Miniature pastries served after our meal 

You must try this place out! And don’t forget your camera for the beautiful view – day or night!

Comments

Top Posts