Life is Precious


With a heavy heart I write this post. There are no words that I can string together to truly express my deep condolences for those directly effected by the horrific acts of violence that took place last Friday, December 14th at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.  The story was unfolding online when I was at work preparing for a holiday party in the office. I was completely shocked and still am!

So many innocent lives were taken that fateful day and I just can't wrap my head around it. School is supposed to be a safe place where children learn and let their imagination run wild but instead that day 20 first grade students were killed along with six faulty members including the school's principal. I just can’t fathom how the community, students, teachers and parents must feel right now in the wake of this unspeakable tragedy.  We can’t go back in time and change what has already been done. Instead we can try to learn from it and honor those who lost their lives.

 In the spirit of the holiday season with Christmas just around the corner I want to remind you again that life is so very precious. Don’t take your loved ones for granted! Live each day to the fullest as it may be your last!  

 

Comments

Top Posts