Ride The Tour de Cure to Fight Diabetes




Get ready for this year’s Greater Philadelphia TourdeCure®!  On June 1, 2013 join me in supporting American Diabetes Association’s mission in raising money to help stop diabetes. I’ll be riding in the mid-distance 35 mile route for the charity bike ride. There are three different routes; 12, 35 and 63 miles.  No matter what your cycling experience is there are routes that will suite your fitness ability. I chose the middle distance rides because I don’t have any time to train for a 63 mile bike ride this spring.   Sign up now! 

Get to the finish line at your own pace and stop at themed rest stops full of food and drinks to re-fuel you.  There is a celebration waiting at the finish line!  Riders will be greeted with lively entertainment and a health and fitness festival. 

Personally, I support the cause because I have seen the devastating effects of diabetes.  My grandmother passed away last month after suffering from diabetes as well as Alzheimer’s. I am insulin resistant also known as pre-diabetic and am taking necessary steps to avoid ever becoming insulin dependent.  A well balanced diet and fitness help keep my blog sugar levels healthy. Join the fight against diabetes, America's fastest growing disease.

After you sign up check out the ride’s official blog for training tips and event happenings. I hope to see you at the kick-off on March 19th at P.F Chang's in Plymouth Meeting.

Comments

Top Posts