I'm a Bride-to-Be!

It's been a while since I have published any posts on this blog so it's about time I start sharing some stories with my readers because I have a lot to catch you up on.
I'm engaged! James proposed to me under the Rockefeller Christmas Tree in New York City this past December and I've been on cloud nine ever since. He surprised me in front of my parents and my best friend and her husband. I thought we were just taking casual photos in front of the iconic tree and then all of the sudden he is on one knee asking me to marry him. I said 'YES', obviously. 





For the past few months I have been planning my wedding and I want to share with you some highlights of the progress so far! My career in hospitality marketing for nearly a decade has emerged me in the wedding industry but now I'm seeing a whole new side of it as a client. Browsing through wedding magazines has always been part of my marketing research to make sure that the companies that I represent are on trend and relevant. I select photos that go into the ads and try to grab people by the emotion. Well, now I'm looking for a whole new reason. I'm the target market! 

Although I want to keep some things private and not reveal too much detail I will start will telling you about my favorite parts of the planning process so far. Selecting vendors was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I have made friends in the Philadelphia wedding industry and I was afraid it would be hard to select from so many talented people. Well, it was very difficult at first but things have just fell into place. 


Wedding dress shopping was one of the first things I did. It mad me really feel like a bride! Trying on beautiful white dresses was so surreal but when it sunk in I really enjoyed it. I gave myself a lot of time because a decision like this is important. I started shopping exactly 12 months out from my wedding day. My sister The Curvy Bride boutique online found it was seriously the best thing she did so far as Matron of Honor so far. I had awesome an experience was at The Curvy Bride. And no, they did not pay me to say that!



After going to a few stores with experience that was terrible in comparison I knew I was spoiled by the personal attention given to me at The Curvy Bride. It's a boutique shop with designer dresses but all of the samples start at size 14 so you can actually see how the style will look. The owner Michelle and her team are amazing to work with and I can't wait for my dress to come in!  

Comments

Top Posts