Meet Matteo Peter

I'm now a proud aunt to the new baby boy Matteo Peter Jefferson! He was born May 1st at 1:04 am weighing in at a healthy 7 lbs. 15 oz.  If you read my post about my sister's baby shower you know how excited I was for his arrival.  We all waited months to find out what he would look like and what his name was going to be.  This is very exciting to our whole family because a whole new generation has been born.  My sister and brother-in-law, Michele and Jeremiah, are new parents making their parents grandparents for the first time.  This is also my first time becoming an aunt. 


My nephew was named after two of great-grandfathers. The name Matteo (Mah-TAY-oh)  is the Italian version of Matthew.  Jeremiah's paternal grandfather's name is Matthew so they named their son Matteo in his honor. "A gift of God" is the meaning of the name Matteo.  How cute is that? His middle name, Peter, has been in my family for two generations already.  It is the name of my paternal grandfather and also my father's name.  I couldn't think of a more fitting name for such a handsome little dude. 


The only downfall to the arrival of my nephew is that I have to wait a whole week to meet him.  His mommy and daddy live in Framingham Massachusetts and since I'm down in Philadelphia so I've planned to visit this coming up weekend.  Appropriately it is Mother's Day weekend! 


Here are some photos that my family took and sent to me while I wait in Philly until I get to meet him.

Baby Matteo Peter in the hospital
Matteo Peter in his going home outfit leaving the hospital
Matteo Peter all snuggled up

Comments

Top Posts