Counting My Blessings: Happy Thanksgiving!

This may be a very cliché post this time of year but I believe it very necessary to reflect on the things that we are most fortunate for. You should also take this time to give thanks and not take anything for granted. I put together of five things that I’m most thankful for this year.
 1. My nephew- Matteo Peter   
3. Traveling to fulfill my ‘Wanderlust’  
4. Friends and Family
5. Good health 
1. I’m an aunt and a Godmother! If you were following my blog this past spring then you know how excited I was for the arrival of my first nephew, Matteo Peter.  He is already full of personality at just 6 months old.  I have watched him grow up so much over the past few months and I’m looking forward to many memories with him.
Matteo's baptism
2. I’m employed! This year it is even more appropriate than ever that I count my blessings because last year around this time I had been laid off from a job that I had been working at for over three years. At the time I felt like it was the worst thing that could have ever happened but now that I’m happily employed again it’s just a bad memory.  I’m very thankful for my full-time job right now! So many people are struggling with finding work after being laid off and I’m one of the few lucky ones that land a job in my field within six months.  Recently I read a statistic that most people do not find a job after being laid off for an average of nine months.


3. I’m traveling! This year I was able to go on a short trip to the Dominican Republic for work but when I returned I had defiantly caught the travel bug. Only three nights in the DR made me crave a real vacation so as soon as I returned I planned a trip for my boyfriend and I. We have been together for over three years but have yet to take a week-long vacation together. So finally I have a trip planned to vacation for a week in Aruba in January! I have been craving a vacation with him and his passport just arrived in the mail so my dreams will soon become reality!
Me on the beach in Punta Cana
4. I’m so loved! I am grateful to have a very close relationship with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. The four of them are who I always refer to as ‘My Family’ but I’m even more fortune to have a large circle of friends who I can count on.  I truly believe that my close friends have now become unofficial members of my family!   
5. I’m healthy! I would not be able to appreciate numbers 1-4 if I did not have good health.  Now, I’m not a super athlete and I’m not a size 2 but I don’t have any serious health issues that are holding me back.  Although I’m pre-diabetic I have been able to balance my lifestyle to keep my health on track.
No matter where you are in your life right now I know you have something to be thankful for so think about it and count your blessings too!   

Comments

Top Posts