A Look Inside Easton, PA's Weyerbacher Brewery

Craft beer has become very popular lately. Weyerbacher has been around making beer in Easton, PA since 1995. 


I went on a tour of the brewery with my friends and we had a great time. We enjoyed a few free samples before the tour and of course at the end! My favorite beer that I tried was the Merry Monk's Ale. It is a Belgian style ale that has 9.3% ABV. This is their award-winning brew that was Bronze Medal Winner 2010 World Beer Cup! 


There are several brews that are seasonal at Weyerbacher and I was lucky to try some of them. Fireside Ale is 7.5 % ABV and is described as a rich malt flavor with crisp bitterness. I liked this one and I also liked the QUAD - it has 11.9% ABV and it as one many awards. In 2005 it was on the New York Times panel tasting of Belgian brews. 


This is my second brewery tour of the year and it's not even Feb. yet! Earlier this month I want on a tour of the Balashi beer company's factory. I will post photo soon of that one. It is Aruba's beer! One Happy Island blog post coming soon... 


Weyerbacher will be at the Atlantic City Beer Festival this year! I will be going again! 


Cheers! Enjoy the photos I took at the brewery this weekend! 



Our Tour Guide

Beer Brewing in Barrels 

Beer being bottled 

The group after our tour of the brewery 

Tasting bar

Comments

Top Posts