Bike Tour In Philly to Admire Art

Last Saturday morning I participated in a city bike tour co-hosted by  The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia and the Association of Public Art. We biked ten miles stopping along the way at various outside sculptures that are part of the Museum Without WallsTour.  Being a tourist in the city that I live in is noting to be ashamed of! I love taking advantage of all of the arts and culture events and activities there are to offer in Philadelphia. As you know from my previous posts I love art and enjoy bike riding so what a perfect way to pair both of my interests together!

Start of the ride at the Philadelphia Museum of Art

This particular ride was for women only as part of the coalition’s Women Bike PHL campaign. Their goal is to encourage more women to ride bikes in the city because right now two-thirds of Philadelphia’s bicyclists are men.  I invited friends from Team G-Riders charity bike team to join me. G-Riders is the charity bike team that I used to be a member of but I am now one of their supports instead.  It was great to be back on my bike with them for this fun ride in Philly. This group still is my inspiration to ride for a reason and I’m really looking forward to American Diabetes Association’s Tour de Cure coming up on June 1st

You probably pass right by some of the fascinating sculptures outside but it was really great to stop and appreciate it. Our tour guide Caitlin from the Association of Public Art was so knowledgeable and it was great to learn some history behind each piece.  Take a look at the photos I captured along the ride below and be sure to check for more rides that you can join on the coalition’s website.











Comments

Top Posts